Five Education are currently looking to recruit Teaching Assistants to work in a mainstream secondary school in Taunton to support students who have additional learning needs.
The role is to start immediately, either on a part-time or full-time basis and is likely to last the whole academic year.
Our client is looking for candidates who have experience supporting children and/or young people with SEND, ideally Autism, SEMH and/or SpLD.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Supporting students, either on 1:1 or small groups, in the classroom
- Assisting students in their work, helping them to remain focussed and on task
- Helping the class teacher with differentiation so all students can access the curriculum
- Implementing behaviour management tools
- Helping students to develop self-regulation techniques, and learn when they need to employ them
- At least 12 months experience supporting children/ young people in an educational, care or coaching environment
- At least 6 months of experience supporting children or young people with Special Educational Needs
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child/vulnerable adult based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 2-5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.