OCR is a leading UK awarding body that puts teachers and learners at the heart of what we do. We are a not-for-profit organisation so success, for us, is measured through the impact and reach of our activities and the scale of our contribution to helping students realise their aspirations.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about improvement, and who has the skills to make a real impact on delivering our growing portfolio of change. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record in programme, project and change management as well as business analysis and process development experience.The Role
Working across the breadth of OCR business functions, and alongside partners in the wider Cambridge University Press & Assessment organisation, you will be responsible for delivering a personal portfolio of large-scale and complex change initiatives. Your portfolio will flex throughout the year as OCR priorities evolve which could include leadership of critical business change initiatives to support exams delivery or organisational change.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to OCR's future success at a time of considerable change. In return you will be part of a strong, mutually supportive team at the heart of transformation that will support your personal development into a leader of change.What you'll be doing
- Leading the mobilisation of initiatives, thinking creatively to find better ways of doing things, analysing opportunities, and collaboratively building the case for change
- Establishing strong change governance, engaging effectively with existing governance structures that operate within OCR and the wider organisation, and collaboratively evolving ways of working to best meet the needs of your portfolio
- Leading the implementation of change initiatives within your portfolio including ongoing monitoring of progress against plan, progress towards benefits, management of risks and issues
- Identifying and effectively managing stakeholders to build strong commitment.
- Developing and implementing effective communication and engagement strategies
- Looking outwards and working collaboratively with areas of the wider organisation to identify new opportunities for change and best practice
- Planning for future transition of change initiatives into a business-as-usual state with analysis of change impacts and strategies to ensure that change is sustained
- Continually drives improvement in yourself, your peers and in the wider organisation
- A 'customer first' mindset who works collaboratively with empathy and authenticity
- A results-driven, resilient and resourceful individual who has the tenacity to manage complex change into business environments
- The ability to competently dispute assumptions, think critically and solve problems, whilst building up credibility and trust
- A highly organised individual who can balance opportunities for change and innovation with a pragmatic approach to delivery
Professional qualification e.g. degree and/or relevant programme, project, change management qualifications.Experience
Significant experience of initiating and delivering large-scale and complex change initiatives, programmes and projects.Skills
- Highly effective verbal, non-verbal, visual and written communication skills operating in both remote and face to face environments
- Ability to engage confidently with a broad range of stakeholders and build collaborative, cross-department working relationships which have impact, generate credibility and build commitment to a shared vision
- Highly developed people management skills, a competent matrix manager. Coaching skills are desirable
- Excellent planning and organisational skills that with proven successful outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to assimilate detailed knowledge quickly and accurately
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2022 and interviews are scheduled to take place on 10 February 2022 and 11 February 2022.
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
To apply and for more information please go to our website.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where it's safe to speak up, and where we learn continuously to improve together. We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of demographic characteristics (age, disability, educational attainment, ethnicity, gender, marital status, neurodiversity, religion, sex, and sexual identity), cultural, or social class/background.