Our Client specialises in the Nuclear Sector. Principal Engineer - Cooling Water Island
Reporting to the Cooling Water Island Lead, the Principal Engineer shall use value engineering and Multi- Attribute Decision Analysis to deliver the main systems within the Cooling Water Island, as well as supporting studies and design development activities. The Principal Engineer will lead, manage and develop the team into a world class engineering delivery team against a challenging program for RR-SMR.
- Leading and delivering the design development for the conventional Cooling Water Island systems. This will involve leading the design of two major systems within the Cooling water Island and ensuring the delivery to the programme.
- Overseeing your team deliver design development via multi-attribute scoring to determine the optimum system design. You will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions that can be demonstrated to work.
- Managing a team of engineers to deliver the scope you are responsible for. This will include overseeing and managing the workload within your team to ensure you are delivering to the programme as well as mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Working with the other Engineering Functions and disciplines to deliver an integrated multi-discipline design that meets the project requirements.
- Identify and engage with the supply chain to develop the design, this will mean engaging about products and services as well as managing and overseeing discrete packages or work that are undertaken by the supply chain.
- Own and deliver the system requirement specifications. Elicit requirements for the system from stakeholders and determining the associated verification and validation activities required.
- Substantiate the systems designs against the requirements.
- Preparation and review of design documentation, including technical specifications, design reports, system descriptions and technical drawings.
- Represent the area and lead discussion with stakeholders as well as leading and supporting other technical reviews (HAZOPS, Optioneering meetings, etc).
- Challenge norms using the project design principles to ensure we have optimised the design against the project requirements.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a challenge in developing the future of the UK Power Generation. The candidate should be able to use their technical skills to innovate, challenge the design and develop fit for purpose solutions for a Nuclear Power Plant.
You will understand UK health and safety legislation and the requirements and constraints this imposes on your designs.
You have led a design team before and capable of managing engineers at different levels of the organisation.
You can demonstrate working within a broader project context and can demonstrate delivery within required timescales and to the required quality standard.
You will be able to communicate your ideas and technical solutions in English to people of all levels of technical knowledge both by written and verbal means.
You will have a technical background in Conventional Power, Process or water systems engineering, and these skills will fit well into our established and growing team.
You will preferably be a Chartered Engineer with an appropriate Engineering institute.