We are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to support in a local South West London Primary school. The school supports children with Special Education Needs meaning you will be required to to work with students that require additional support on a 1:1 basis.The role will involve working in a classroom setting to support with the child's educational needs. For this position we require somebody that is able to work Monday - Friday. The role is until the end of the academic year with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be confident doing the following:
- Work 121 with children of Primary age with Autism.
- Supporting the safety and wellbeing of the children while on site.
- Encourage the children to engage in practical play.
- Have previous history supporting children/adults with educational needs
- Have a relevant degree of qualification - preferred
The school is a small independent special school with less than 50 students. The school has a very welcome and friendly atmosphere and as the senior leadership team are committed to investing in their staff's development. This is a great new opportunity to join a brilliant school, we already have people working at this school and we have only received positive feedback from the staff members that already work there.
Why Horizon Teachers?
- Many of our SEN Teaching Assistants go from working on a temporary contract to permanent positions because they're doing a role that they truly enjoy.
- We have a great reputation. We've been established for 14 years and have a 4.8* rating on Google from over 450 reviews,.
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay guaranteed after 12 weeks.
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use.
- We are committed to your safety. We are conducting video consultations currently to protect the health and welfare of our team, teachers, and teaching support staff.
If you feel you would be suitable for this position then do not hesitate to get in contact as we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible,
Horizon Teachers is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent.
Horizon Teachers. Enhancing Children's Education.