Accounts Assistant / Junior Client Accountant / Assistant Accountant - SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly entrepreneurial Accountancy Firm
who are looking for a Part-Qualified Junior Client Accountant/Assistant Accountant for their growing team in Windsor. Assisting with the management of a client portfolio, the duties include client bookkeeping, VAT returns, payroll and basic management accounts:
- Keeping client records up to date including bank reconciliations, sales & purchase invoices and monthly journals
- Analysing debtor and creditor reports, requesting missing information from clients and advising them of any overpayments they have made
- Processing invoices and making payments on client's behalf. Ensuring invoices haven't been provided previously to reduce risk of overpayments.
- Agreeing timelines with clients for when to receive information to complete bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Assisting with the production of management accounts, ensuring all control accounts in the b/sheet reconcile and explaining P&L items to clients
- Reviewing the bookkeeping, VAT returns and working papers from graduate team members and communicating constructive feedback
- Keeping up to date with changing VAT and accounting knowledge, liaising with the support team to book courses/webinars as necessary
- Liaising with other departments in relation to information required for accounts preparation, corporation tax & personal tax
- Building strong relationships with colleagues and clients, achieving a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant industry regulations and government legislation.
To be considered for the role you should be a part-qualified ACCA or qualified AAT Accountant, ideally with 1-2 years experience of working in an accountancy practice
& helping to manage client portfolios. On offer is a salary up to £26,000 with benefits to include a study support package, company pension and 20 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy .com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile