We are recruiting for three Technical Accounting Officers to work at Plymouth City Council for a 17 week assignment paying £12.20 an hour.
You will provide effective support to clients and senior finance colleagues regarding the timely provision of accurate information, financial or otherwise to aid the decision-making process and the production of management and statutory accounts and financial/statistical returns.
Duties will include:
- Reconciliation of PCC bank accounts to the control account and various suspense accounts
- Running of financial reports from the general ledger to update spreadsheets
- Undertaking accounting for very large amounts, including budget monitoring
- Coordination and completion of statistical returns
The preferred candidate will have:
- Degree/AAT qualified or equivalent and/or demonstrable experience working in accountancy or audit environment
- Knowledge and understanding of budget preparation, budget monitoring and reconciliations
- Awareness of accounting standards and codes of practice
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, including formulas and pivot tables
This is an office-based position with the scop to have an element of home working for the right candidate.