Role: Process Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Are you an experienced Process Engineer with a bias towards mechanical engineering? Our client, a 150-year-old family business in the FMCG sector are currently looking for a Process Engineer for their Deeside production facility. The Deeside site is a customer centric, production focused, centre of excellence solely focused on production, manufacturing and NPD.
There is not currently a dedicated Process Engineering function on site, so you will be working with a high level of autonomy and the scope to shape the role as you progress. The main focus of the role is to benchmark their current production processes and analyse them to see if and how they can be made more efficient. There will also be a focus on standardising and optimising processes.
You'll be a broad thinker and able to implement changes with the ability to take ownership if things and influence colleagues across departments.
Included in the responsibilities are:
- Provide process engineering knowledge in the development of new products
- Evaluate existing equipment and systems
- Determine specifications and scope of projects
- Design and implement new equipment and systems for production
- Work with product development technologists to bring a product from concept to launch
- Work with external service providers, operations and technical to determine equipment layout
- Test and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Provide technical support during implementation phase
- Solve problems in collaboration with plant engineering, continuous improvement and external manufacturers
- Measuring yields, measurable parameters, identifying best practice manufacturing.
- Scheduling and managing production line trials and revaluations making sure that everything has gone to plan
- Building strong relationships with NPD, Production, Engineering, Technical and other staff who will be involved in the Launch or manufacture of the products
- Understanding company production processes and flagging up any potential problems to NPD staff at early development stages
- Developing practical schedules for product launch
- Conducting ongoing investigations into production processes and making recommendations for improvements if necessary
- Ensuring that operating procedures are written correctly for each new product
- Supporting initial production runs and being available to trouble shoot and provide expert advice if necessary
- To identify best practice and cost saving opportunities
Please get in touch for a discreet, no-obligation discussion.