The Planning Inspectorate prides itself on customer delivery. With Government and customer expectations increasing we are looking for new innovative and dynamic ways to manage our resources, continually build upon and improve our processes and drive performance improvement. Are you looking to join a passionate team with extensive specialist knowledge?
Our casework and inspector teams have a wealth of specialist knowledge and expertise, and we want to harness this knowledge better, to collaborate more and take greater advantage of digital ways of working. Through this we will put the customer at the heart of what we do and continuously improve our performance.
The amount of casework for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP) in the past 10 years has grown significantly. Working alongside colleagues handling such casework will provide you with a unique opportunity to join a well-established, passionate team who are committed to shaping the future of National Infrastructure and related casework areas. As Operations Manager, you will also be working with, and supporting, casework teams with extensive specialist knowledge and expertise to build upon and enhance a wider range of services that the Planning Inspectorate provide. As Operations Manager, you will be working towards exploring and delivering process improvements.Are you looking to join a passionate team with extensive specialist knowledge?
We are looking for forward-thinking individuals to deal with some of our most complex and contentious projects, which includes working on large offshore wind farm applications, rail freight interchange examinations and compulsory acquisition proposals as part of NSIP projects as well as infrastructure projects in a wider sense, and related casework areas. Essential Criteria
- Experience of understanding and interpreting legislation and of applying policy guidance to a decision-making process.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of a planning or infrastructure environment.
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues and to develop good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable influencing /negotiating skills.
- An understanding of how to use performance data to forecast and plan resources to deliver on time and quality measures.
- Ability and willingness to attend hearings and visit sites across the country including overnight stays.
- Experience of managing teams of varying grades and non-staff resources.
- Experience of understanding and applying Planning Act 2008 legislation.
For full details and to apply, please see our advert on Civil Service Jobs .
Closing date 25th January 2022 at 23.55