Injection Mould Process & Maintenance Manager
£50,000 to £60,000
An established, global specialist in the manufacturer of injection moulded parts and components are looking for an experienced Injection Mould Manufacturing / Process & Maintenance Manager.
As the successful Mould Maintenance & Process Manager, you will experience working in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility based in Swindon.
You will be responsible for implementing and coordinating activities throughout the Manufacturing, Maintenance and Mould Process teams.
You will provide technical direction and set priorities for the mould maintenance and process teams with responsibility for maintaining all production equipment, toolroom facilities and critical systems within manufacturing. This includes responsibility for mould planned maintenance and repair processes, ownership of spare parts and associated costs, identification of root cause and fixes to problems associated with plastic injection moulding.
Reporting directly to the Operations Engineering Manager
* Be responsible for the operational performance of the mould repair and the mould setting/process functions, through optimising resources and attainment of production targets in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
* Develop the technical flexibility of the technical staff to improve team effectiveness and identify and arrange needed training of technical personnel to bridge gaps in skill levels
* Initiate, implement and document improvements to moulds and mould processes, root cause analysis and finding root cause fixes
* Control the Repair & Maintenance spend for mould repair
* Ensure daily, weekly and monthly direct costs are monitored and reported
* Take direct actions as necessary to comply with the annual operating budget
* Drive the Preventative Maintenance Program for moulding to determine scheduling and servicing are completed on time, and evaluate their effect on efficiency, safety, and environmental performance
* Support new equipment installation between NPI, Quality and Production
* Working with the Engineering Department, advise and influence the design of new moulds at both plant & supplier level
* Lead, motivate and coach associates through ongoing assessment, effective communication, coaching & recognition to promote continuous improvement in individual and process activities as part of the company appraisal scheme
Skills & Attributes:
* Qualified in a technical discipline related to the Plastic Injection Moulding industry
* Minimum NVQ L5, ideally have an engineering degree
* You will have a good understanding of Moulding Processes, Mould Tool composition and maintenance
* You will be an excellent people leader and have strong team management, communication, and organisational skills
* Good level of competency on Microsoft suite and SAP
Hours of Work:
* 40hrs core per week
* 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday