Do you have experience in working in young adult care or working with children in schools? Do you volunteer with a local youth or community group, and would like to work with children?
Five Education are currently recruiting in and around Filton, working in both mainstream and specialist schools. As a Teaching Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with children, encouraging them to learn and challenge themselves.
Responsibilities and duties
- Supporting 1:1 in class
- Help the pupil/pupils move from one activity to the next, and around the school.
- Help the pupils to access the subject and possibly tailor the lesson of activity to the pupil level of ability.
- Make learning fun and enjoyable.
- Be a support to the pupil when they are struggling, and help them to calm down.
- Build a strong relationship with the pupils and teaching staff to ensure that the pupil/pupils are achieving their potential.
- At least 4 months experience of working with children or vulnerable adults.
- 2 years worth of refs, 1 has to be working with children or vulnerable adults (this could be paid or volunteer work)
- A relevant DBS/Police checks.
- Able to work between 08.30 and 15.30 and work 2+ days a week.
Training from us in areas such as Team Teach / Makaton
Good rates of pay for these roles (Min of £10.77
per hour/ £12.07
inc holiday pay)
If you are interested in this role please contact David at Five Education
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.