Interim Engineering Director
Our client designs, develops and manufactures advanced intelligent sensor technology. They were awarded a Queen's Award for Enterprise for Innovation in 2020.
At the core of its business strategy, our client is committed to growing exceptional business value through customer focus and providing a leading capability to rapidly design and develop innovative, unique, and market leading products.
To accelerate and catalyse the execution of this strategy, they are seeking an Engineering Director.
The role requires:
• A technology team leader, with proven experience in new product development
• Ideally technical experience in some of the following areas: Electro-magnetic design; Control/sensing algorithms; Mechatronics; Embedded software; AI
• An R&D team leader who can define and deliver these projects rapidly and at appropriate (ideally, lowest) total cost.
• A strategic thinker to support the CEO and Board in ensuring that they focus on the right projects.
The Engineering Director will be an effective communicator, a team leader and an expert in technological development, possessing a proven track record of team leadership, creativity, innovation, and successful agile delivery.
The successful candidate must have limitless drive, ambition and be a versatile and hands on leader and technical problem solver with a strong commercial appreciation and great attention to detail. You will be driven by a desire to "Get It Done" and be a catalyst for a culture of agile new product development where the concept of Minimum Viable Product is understood and the rapid deployment of demonstrators with early adopter customers, results in creation of exciting, disruptive solutions.
Alongside responsibility for new product development, the Engineering Director will lead the development of core technologies, R&D competences and processes and drive their evolution to address the needs of current and future marketplaces to deliver growth and value. Equally important the Engineering Director will also lead and develop the R&D team to ensure a world class and meritocratic capability to meet the business' growing needs.
Qualifications, Education, Personal attributes and Previous Experience Required
• Significant experience (10 years or greater anticipated) in senior level technical leadership roles, gained within engineering businesses where product innovation and development are key.
• Strong technical degree
• Experience leading and inspiring teams of multi-disciplined engineers
• Greater than 20 years' experience in technology, R&D, commercialisation, business development and strategy.
• Demonstrable initiative, drive and leadership in problem solving
• A can-do attitude and determination to "get it done"
• Experience in leading and participating in collaborative development and research projects with customers, partners and suppliers
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting, growing company committed to excellence and innovation, which greatly value the hard work, ingenuity and integrity of their team.
The Interim will be required for a 6-9 month contract