Reports to: Director of Build Control and ComplianceLocation: Spalding and surrounding areas, other options available for discussion Job Purpose:
As Lightspeed grows, we extend our reach and our Exchange and local access PON rollouts across the region. Some aspects of our build program, such as our exchange points of presence, must be planned, installed and commissioned ahead of our build program.
The purpose of the role will be to closely manage the program of works to deliver our exchange head ends, liaising with key suppliers and build partners, planning and CTO office to have these in a timely and controlled manner to budget. The successful person will be responsible for a team of people responsible for the program management, installation, commissioning and testing of the exchange equipment in a fast-moving environment. It will include optical distribution management, Openreach Dark Fire, Openreach Cable Links, Patching, cable management, DWDM, PON OLTs, ODTF management, in-band and out of band management and any other systems or equipment we may need installing from time to time.Job Description and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications Essential Qualifications and Experience
- As the Exchange Build program manager, proactively manage and lead a team of people to drive and deliver all project-level activities with internal and external resources to meet deadlines within budget and within specification throughout the entire deployment cycle. Ensure accurate reporting and forecasting of project timelines, resources, and capital expenditures by partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
- Be accountable for all deployment activities, including but not limited to the exchange build design, including due diligence, project and exchange build construction management, system acceptance, NOC integration, and closeout packages (as Built).
- Serve as the single point of contact at the project level for all escalations and as the active leader in all project-level deployment meetings and calls, providing up-to-date and accurate information on Lightspeed priorities, project status, forecasts, ageing, issue resolutions.
- Be the lead and governance on Exchange Build capital expenditures by ensuring adherence to design standards and compliance with master service agreements with Exchange Build partners while understanding and ensuring adherence to applicable Lightspeed and Openreach engineering principles and safety standards.
- Proactively identify potential risks; collaborate with internal teams to develop and implement preventative action plans through requests for information, risk registers and site surveys.
- Ensure all proper preparation and tasks, including equipment room field notes, allocations and design documents, are accurately and timely completed; prepare input for work-in-progress reporting. Review and approve all Exchange Build Job packs before distribution to build partners. Review and develop scopes of work, and lead RFP/feasibility scope walks for assigned projects.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years of recent proven and relevant experience leading and program managing an Exchange/ GPON Head end program of works.
- Experience with the provisions and commissioning of Exchange equipment for FTTP
- Experience with dealing with key Build partners and suppliers in the provision of FTTP Exchange Head Ends.
- The ability to draw together different technical disciplines in tight timescales.
- Agile approach in dealing with critical amendments and additions.
- A Proven record of accomplishment of working on delivering full-fibre exchange rollouts.
- Ability to identify and work with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work flexibly across multiple locations and at various levels.
- Attention to detail and an agile can-do attitude is essential.
- Awareness and understanding of the technology underpinning FTTP PON network design and build
- Awareness and understanding of current Health and Safety procedures for working in the UK.
- Understanding of the key processes and interactions with Openreach's product portfolio, especially exchange-based services, which includes Co-Location, DFX, Cable Links.
- Confidential in all matters
- Good problem-solving skills
- Can-do Attitude
- A Professional Approach, coupled with vital interpersonal skills and strong stakeholder management.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and complete tasks and implement process changes. Ability to work on their initiative and adapt to a rapidly changing start-up environment.