Interested in being recruit Number One and leading in the establishment of a BRAND NEW track design service?
This is your opportunity to take on BIG
responsibilities and contribute to the FOUNDING
principles of the team culture and identity.
As part of a major growth initiative in the EMEA Region, a non-corporate, cash rich and employee owned Engineering Consultancy is investing heavily in their rail systems engineering and delivery capability in the UK.
In the short to medium term, this is to support market initiatives in the Australasia region. In the medium to long term, it is anticipated this capability to be deployed in the UK, supported by global capability including North American
You will work on a wide variety of projects covering Freight, Metro, Light Rail and Passenger Rail. These will be significantly sized projects, with design fees in the tens of millions.
You will lead the track design discipline with a primary focus on organising the technical team to complete the task; manage all input and design coordination between disciplines, control the design path, solve problems, and hold accountability for the track design.
Whilst your core skill areas will centre around technical knowledge and capability, you will also be responsible for business development and marketing including proposal preparation, winning of new projects and development of new client streams.
This is a hybrid position so you can work from home and the office. You will ideally be able to easily commute to either York or London as these will be the two 'centres of excellence'. Other office locations are Guildford, Stockport, Leeds, Nottingham, Newcastle, and Ellesmere Port
What do you need to be successful?
Salary would be between 70,000 to 80,000 per annum
- An Honours Degree in a relevant subject.
- Ideally, be a Chartered Engineer or near Chartership, although this is not essential
- Be conversant with common UK track design standards, Eurocodes and leading industry analysis and design software including Bentley MicroStation and OpenRail
- Have proven expertise in managing the design delivery of track for larger, projects specifically, complex rail layouts, stations or facilities
- It is thought you would need around 15 years of broad and extensive technical design, administrative and project experience
- Experience of working within a 3D design environment
There is a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- An enhanced pension contribution
- Income protection cover
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Professional membership subscription
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase up to an additional 4 weeks leave
There are also various additional benefits that you can take such as discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, health care cash plan etc
"People Group is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for both our clients and employees."