This is a customer facing role and will be focused on generator and UPS projects from £100,000.00 and upwards. This will include liaising and working with consultants, contractors, and distributors throughout the UK. You will be required to have organisational and IT skills and your role will involve:
- Handling initial enquiries
- Liaising with customers to fully understand their requirements
- Working with the office-based estimating and support teams through the lead assessment, solution build, pricing and proposal stages.
- Sending out of quotations
- Customer site-based meetings and presentations.
- Assisting our client's consultants with technical & practical design and integration information.
- Following up quotations until point of order
- Carrying out project handovers to the project teams once the order comes in
- Managing your quote bank and pipeline
- Positive mental attitude
- Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Accountable, honest, dedicated, determined and loyal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Happy with high mileage driving and working away from home.
- High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation.
- Able to conduct yourself in director level meetings in a boardroom environment.
- Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast-moving business.
- Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships.
- Sense of humour essential.
Skills Required Essential:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience within the industry, or similar role.
- Experience in negotiating high turnover capital projects in all different industries
- Handling of commercial situations, tiered-level contracting, distributor-based supply chain, margins etc.
- Methodical and dedicated to following up quotations
- Strong practical electrical and mechanical engineering knowledge IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
- Strong practical knowledge of generator installations and associated equipment
- CSCS card
- Experience with building services plant (both electrical and mechanical)
- Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc