Maintenance Team Leader
Severnside - Bristol
Salary Circa £45K
The company helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Their 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world's biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. The company primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The plant employs 150 + staff with a team of 7 engineers in the maintenance team
The purpose of the role is to manage, lead and develop the production site maintenance teams ensuring the safe and efficient running of all site equipment and general building and plant services.
Leading all plant technical and capex projects, will provide the skills, knowledge and vision needed to achieve world class performance in safety, production and maintenance of the site's assets. Forward thinking, continuous improvement of mechanical and electrical equipment, ensuring all relevant standards are met and kept up to date.
- Identify, report and resolve health and safety concerns with equipment and building services
- Ensure that all your team and any external contractors are Always safe & compliant when completing any maintenance tasks.
- All maintenance related RA's & SOP's are in place, regularly reviewed and updated when required.
Maintenance and Improvement
- All PPM schedules are in place and completed OTIF & Reactive maintenance & breakdowns are completed
- Ensure breakdowns of equipment are rectified in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage and develop the PPM programme, ensuring that the scheduled work is carried out.
- Support & assist on the day to day reactive repair work and planned preventative maintenance where required.
- CMMS in place and managed.
- Accurate Management & procurement of spares and equipment required to ensure continued operations.
- Zero Downtime
3. Project Management & CI
- Leads Production & plant specific Capex projects from conception through to delivery, install and final performance review.
- Equipment replacement and new equipment installation (Future Proof)
- Building and facilities upgrades or building projects
- Manages and lead Lean & Continuous improvement projects on site and embeds CI into the culture.
- Lead the deployment of new and changed processes and equipment to provide improved results.
- Works with relevant departments to review and update standard operating procedures and standards documents by incorporating learnings and outcomes of projects
Building, Facilities and Utilities Management.
- Ensure maintenance of all plant facilities and utilities system according to a maintenance schedule.
- Monitor, optimise and report consumption of all utilities (electricity, gas, compressed air, water).
- Maintain and ensure the working conditions of all employees, contractors and visitors within the plant.
- Ensure electricity at work regulations including wiring testing and PAT testing of equipment.
- Ensuring that there is a contractor register and controls are in place & up to date with the relevant RAMS, Insurances, training etc
People and Development (T&S)
- Engage with our people to make it a great place to work.
- Promote wellbeing within the workplace
- Identify the relevant training requirements to support the business and to allow future personal development & growth.
- Talent & Succession plan in place - Identify & develop future talent, remove the risks.
- Maintain all department costs within agreed budget.
- Budget performance reports to be presented (Monthly)
- Reduce equipment spares costs define recommended spares Criticality System.
- Control spending and economic commitments in accordance with the budget allocated.
- Master the execution of the purchasing orders of the materials and the services necessary for the functioning of the service, in agreement with the established purchasing procedures.
- Manage the plant fixed asset inventory and depreciation.
- Maintenance and Project cost within budget
- City and Guilds, Time served apprenticeship, HND, HNC or similar in an engineering-related discipline.
- 17th/18th Edition - IET Wiring Regulations
- PLC Fault finding & programming
- Food Hygiene
- BRC / HACCP
- Six Sigma
- Project Management / Risk Management
- Minimum 3 Years Engineering & Lean Management Experience
- Experience of working in a multi discipline production environment.
- Experience of PLC fault finding including programming.
- Strong experience / Implimentation of lean methodologies.
- Dept Budget management
- Project management
- Well developed people skills including PIP
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on 07966 971648