Technical & Project Delivery Manager
Based: London, UK
Length: 6 Month Contract - extension likely
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri
Delivery of integrated, clean-energy solutions to end-use customers is an integral part of the clients Powering Progress strategy. The clients distributed energy offering for Commercial & Industrial customers includes existing plus "to be" developed distributed energy resources (DERs) for its customers. These fully wrapped solutions will enable decarbonizing customers' operations as well as lowering energy costs through onsite renewables generation and storage, utilizing load flexibility, to be coupled with sustainable electricity supply through the client. This offering will position the client to better serve end customers, capitalizing on the increasingly distributed nature of the electricity grid, the emergence of cost-competitive distributed and digital technologies and increase customer choice. This activity will support and enhance the clients activities and aims to complement the existing sales and origination activities of the clients entities (for direct sales to large customers).
The European B2B Solutions team provides the end-to-end set of offerings to complement the clients existing commodity offering, with solutions origination and end to end account management led by the European B2B Retail Business. It will develop and deliver innovative customer solutions, and the partnership ecosystems to support those integrated solutions.
As key member of the European B2B Solutions team, the client is looking for innovative, motivated and experienced professionals ready to contribute to redefining how power systems will work in the future and grow the business. As an experienced electrical engineer and project manager, you will work with commercial colleagues and collaborate with sales origination teams to develop relationships and integrated energy solutions with prospective customers, ensuring a tailored solution that meets the customer's requirements while maximising value to both the client and its customers.
More specifically, your role will include:
• Collaborate with customers, within the team and outside, driving the solutions definition across multiple opportunities simultaneously.
• Manage the portfolio of solutions and projects from design and engineering through to operations and ensure proper fit between solution and customer opportunity.
• Rally the required internal and external resources to deliver the solutions and projects to customers through to handover to Operations, working effectively with other businesses and functions.
• Drive safe and successful delivery of solutions across customer sites, managing multi-site international delivery programmes, and overlooking the portfolio of all project delivery activities.
• Enable supply chain optimization, through unpacking services offered by EPCs to identify and implement opportunities to enable increased competitiveness of the offers the B2B solutions team makes to customers. This requires working with other teams and regions across RES and functions such as C&P and Finance.
• Be the focal point for vendor related matters, looking after the relationships with key supplier partners for individual projects as well as across the portfolio of opportunities.
• Ensure that performance (including vendor KPIs) and projected performance from implemented solutions and those planned for implementation are tracked, aggregated and reported.
• Be responsible to transfer lessons learned from solution implementation into the ongoing long term solution and project development strategy.
• Validate the pre-deployment engineering and performance predictions associated with specific solution options such that post-implementation results of deployment can be clearly understood. Solution and Project performance prediction is a key component of the justification for investment and opportunity ranking.
What we need from you
• Capability to assess the technical and performance of solutions from concept to operations.
• Technical experience of the range of technologies which could contribute to solutions development such as energy storage, DER aggregation and energy management, etc. including relevant performance parameters.
• Strategic thinking and action planning, reading trends in the market and the competitive landscape. Assessing impacts and turning into pragmatic actions to grow the business and enhance CVPs.
• Strong project management experience. Demonstrated prior work in technically and commercially sensitive environments.
• Familiarity with the relevant aspects of European Power markets, the roles of various market players and understanding of particular incentives or electricity tariff structures affect the viability of onsite energy solutions, as a significant component of the basis of the onsite energy solutions value proposition is end-customer electricity bill savings.
• Solid and effective internal stakeholder and external customer communicator across multiple (technical) disciplines.
• A good understanding of emerging onsite energy solutions business models.
• Cross-business collaboration experience. Demonstrated prior work with multiple disciplines preferred (technical, commercial, financial, legal, regulatory, external affairs).
• Strong internal and external network relevant to new energy technology, onsite energy solutions business model assessment and operations performance measurement and verification.
• Preferably, technical understanding distributed energy technologies
• Experience in quantitative analysis and data handling. Special challenges
• Manage multiple interfaces and maintain effective collaboration with internal businesses and functions and external stakeholders and entities
• Assist in developing solutions that result in shared value to the client and customers creating integrated value in other parts of the company.
• As this is an evolving business for the client, the successful candidate will be able to thrive and contribute in a fast-paced developing business environment.
• Multiple disciplines (technical, commercial, financial, legal, regulatory, external affairs) will have to be involved to develop and test feasible options.
If you are interested please apply within.