Position: General Ledger Accountant
* Salary: £11.40 - £14.88 per hour
* Location: Horsham
* Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5 with 1 hour unpaid lunch break. 7 paid hours a day.
* Parking available (Car required due to location)
Duties will include
* Prepare and process all the bookings for all Accruals, Prepayments, IC transactions and Inventory
* Prepare and submit the VAT statements to local authorities
* Reconcile all the general ledger accounts in Blackline
* Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, interaction and assistance with other members of the finance team
* Review and enhance all general accounting activities to ensure all accounting activities are well supported, documented and audit ready at all time
Key skills required
* Candidate will demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: general ledger knowledge, monthly, quarterly and annual closing and financial reporting.
* The ideal candidate will show passion for finance & accounting activities
* The ability to identify process and control gaps and champion improvement initiatives through Practical Process Improvement.
* The ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
* Good skills with MS Excel are required; Further IT skills such as CODA and Job Router are beneficial.
*First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy