Domus are on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Deputy Manager within the Health and Social Care sector to join a national charity in Leatherhead, Surrey, who specialise in the care and support for adults with Physical and Learning Disabilities or Acquired Brain Injuries.
You will be responsible for supporting the Registered Manager and nursing and therapy teams in delivering person centered care, treatment and support in the residential care service for adults with Complex Needs and Neuro Rehabilitation needs.
You will look to ensure that the service aims towards an outstanding CQC rating through their high standards and auditing.
We are ideally looking for an experienced Deputy Manager / Team Leader / Senior Support Worker, experienced supporting adults with Complex Needs, with energy and enthusiasm to help lead the team in Leatherhead.Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of the service for all clients.
- Ensure that all health and safety/ quality audits are carried out in order to maintain our very high standards of care and support.
- Oversee the team of seniors and rehab support workers on a day-to-day basis,
- Work alongside the administrating team to ensure that any voids are filled within the service.
- Oversee the writing and reviewing of care/support plans, and risk assessments for all clients.
- Lead, direct, supervise and support all staff working within the service.
- Provide on call as required.
- Ensure that the building, environment and equipment is maintained to a safe standard
- Develop, train and motivate staff through leading by example, promoting teamwork and developing a culture of working to the highest standards.
- oversee all aspects of the day to day running of the service in the absence of the registered Manager.
- Attend reviews and ward rounds for all clients, liaising with professionals and care managers.
- Ensure that any safeguarding referral or complaint is dealt with in an appropriate, timely manner
- Assist the Registered Manager with the recruitment, development and management of the staff team to ensure high levels of performance and employee engagement, including undertaking regular supervisions and appraisals to elected staff members
- Ensure appropriate and agreed staffing levels are maintained, overseeing the Rotageek implementation
- Ensure the residents participate in their chosen recreational and social activities, both within the home and in the community
- Demonstrate continuous personal development with the staff team, ensuring that all required mandatory training and service specific training is undertaken within agreed timescales
- Lead and participate in staff meetings, contributing to the continuous evaluation and improvement of the service
- Active participation in the referral process including enquiries, assessment and liaison with external bodies
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working within a care/support environment.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation relating to care standards, health and safety and food hygiene.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adaptable in approach, being able to prioritise, plan and organise the work load.
- Demonstrating a customer focused approach and a professional attitude.
- IT skills including the ability to open and send emails using Outlook, the ability to use Microsoft office and the ability to navigate the internet.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Literacy skills to meet the requirements of defensible documentation.
- Numeracy skills to meet financial management responsibilities.
- Ability to use your own initiative and make informed decisions.
- Good time keeping, time management attendance skills
If you are interested in the above Deputy Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment. As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.
- Excellent training and support
- Career Development
- Long service and staff awards