Regional Contracts ManagerJob Types:
£40,000 - £50,000, 20% bonus incentive + Company CarLocation:
Preston (Covering Lancashire)Schedule:
Monday - FridayHolidays:
24 days + Bank holidaysAdditional Benefits:
Pension, Life Insurance, Private Medical, Company Rewards
Our client's business was established in 1972, they are national Site Investigation Specialists, Geo-technical and Environmental Consultants with offices in the North-West, North-East, Midlands and South-East. They are experiencing substantial growth and Sub Surface South-East are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable Regional Contracts Manager with progression to Associate Director, to run, manage and develop, all contracting works in the South-East.
This prestigious position as Regional Contracts Manager leading to Associate Director of an established company with an excellent reputation within the industry comes with an attractive salary, substantial profit-sharing bonus scheme with no limits on your earnings, a company vehicle and phone. The role will suit a self-motivated, ambitious, confident, commercially aware person with the drive and knowledge to take the company forward. You will be working on your own initially building up to lead a team of Engineers in the future.
Qualifications of Regional Contracts Manager
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology, or related subjects.
- Have Chartered status or be close to Chartered status.
- A minimum of 7 year's-experience within the Ground Investigation industry.
- A minimum of 3 year's-experience in the senior overall management of ground investigation contracts including: liaison with clients, design of investigations, tendering (including frameworks), organisation of sub-contractors, drilling crews, plant, machinery, equipment etc., ICC and NEC Contracts and final bill measurement.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental report writing.
- Fully conversant with BS5930, Eurocode 7 and be fully competent at supervising drilling crews on site, trial pitting, logging soils, rock and chalk strata, installation and monitoring of gas, groundwater standpipes and other instrumentation, in-situ testing (CBRs, plate bearing tests, BRE Digest 365 soakaway tests, etc.), contaminated land, removal of soil waste, etc.
- Full UK drivers licence the position involves the day-to-day organisation, co-ordination, supervision and undertaking of the company's workload. This includes all aspects; marketing, liaison with and advising clients, design of investigations, tendering, contract documentation, organisation/supervision of sub-contractors and technical staff, site works, production of laboratory testing schedules, final bill measurement, etc.
If the position of Regional Contracts Manager is of interest you, please apply with an up-to-date CV.