Our client is looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer to start ASAP - There will be travel to other offices also, so you must hold a clean drivers licence and have your own car.
This role is within IR35 so you'll need to work through an accredited Umbrella company. KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Mobile Device Management (Airwatch)
- Desktop - creation of images through imaging software/software roll out
- Citrix - Netscaler
- AV - take control of updates and installations
- Overview of Support Desk - working alongside the IT manager to ensure support tickets are meeting SLAs.
- Network - some works may involve working alongside the server administrator where responsibilities overlap
- Security - to get involved with topics that come out of CareCert meetings. To work alongside the Security Officer and Server Administrator for security patch management
- Develop, maintain and act upon pro-active fault identification and avoidance practices, including testing operational sites' services to prove functionality ready for clinical operations
- Maintain the Asset registers for hardware, software and licences required by the company
- Have a good understanding of Dell hardware from servers to laptops and to keep a record of software changes
- Drive and promote quality and timely fault reporting, diagnosis and resolution for the IT and Telephony systems
- Analyse support calls to identify recurrent themes and make recommendations to address these issues to the IT Manager
- Plan tasks and activities which may require adjustment due to variable workload and/or interruptions
- Monitor the system backup procedures on a daily basis and notify IT Infrastructure of any issues
- Develop and drive excellent record keeping and documentation in relation to Support logs and performance reports
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/