SEND Learning Support Assistant Required in Kings Heath
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking and experienced LSA based in Birmingham?
Are you looking for a new challenge to stimulate you?
Do you have a passion for working with children with learning difficulties and behavioural issues? If so, this may be the position for you!
A mainstream primary school in the Kings Heath area of Birmingham are looking for a dedicated, hardworking and responsible LSA to work with a Class Teacher within Key Stage 2 to support children in the class who require additional support - mainly in the form of autism, mild learning difficulties and behavioural issues. The school are keen to find someone who has a genuine passion for working with children with SEND, and someone who has excellent behaviour management skills. You will be a class based LSA, who will have responsibility for working with small groups of children who require a more focused approach.
The role is a full-time position and starts immediately. There is also the potential for the role to become permanent for the ideal person. You will have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, fantastic communication skills and will be an adaptable, organised individual who is excellent at taking direction as well as using your own initiative. You will be a team player and someone who will be invested in the improvement of children's learning experience.What you'll need:
What you'll get in return:
- Minimum of Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Experience inworking with SEND
- Previous experience in a school setting, voluntary experience is welcome
- Be passionate about supporting the teacher and children to deliver an excellent learning experience
- To be an excellent role model
- Driving is not essential but is desirable
- Dedicated consultant to answer ask questions and to provide support where required
- Competitive rates of pay
- Holiday pay and pension contributions per week
- £150 worth of high street vouchers when you refer a friend
To apply please submit your CV or contact Sofia Shaheen on
Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.