SEN Teaching Assistant - North London
- Are you a Teaching Assistant or have an interest in working with young people with special needs?
- Are you a Psychology Graduate who wants to pursue a career in Child/Education Psychology?
- Do you have prior experience of supporting students with Special Educational Need (SEN) requirements, physical needs, or disabilities?
- Do you understand, value, and support safeguarding measures in schools?
An SEN primary school in Islington are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their staff with immediate effect.
The school caters for students aged 5-11 with ASD.The ideal candidate:
- Have experience of working with children with SEN
- Have a current up to date DBS (preferred on the update service)
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Have a calm, patient and positive approach to your work and the ability to communicate well on all levels
- Be confident and have a can-do attitude
- Be committed and enthusiastic towards all areas of school life, engaging and working in partnership with staff, parents and children alike
- To work alongside the class teacher and other members of staff to maintain a meaningful, supporting and secure learning environment.
- To deliver small group/1:1 interventions.
- To aid staff in delivering educational programmes.
- To be part of a classroom team, under the direction of the class teacher and or learning mentors.
- To support student's learning in lessons and using creative methodologies to engage students.
- To support pupils with their personal and behavioural development.
Academics are a leading national education agency that specialises in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and support staff. At Academics we understand that jumping into a new work environment can be a daunting task, often tedious and requires a lot of preparation. As an Academic's SEN TA you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay.Does this sound like the job for you?If so, apply today! Please apply here or email with a copy of your most recent CV. Alternatively, call for more information.