The post-holder will have responsibility for coordinating the Commissioning Division's procurement programme during a busy and important period of activity. You will keep projects on track and identify where action is required to ensure delivery of key milestones.
You will work as part of an Integrated Commissioning Unit based in North Woolwich that covers health and social care.
You will build key working relationships with Corporate Procurement colleagues and work closely with them as well as lead commissioners in the integrated team.
Overall the role will support the delivery of the statutory duty to vulnerable adults, including promoting wellbeing, and independence and choice.
Assure efficient services and value for money across all commissioned contracts.
Promote the involvement of citizens, including service users in the design, development and evaluation of services in collaboration with colleagues across the service. Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the entire programme of planned procurement exercises
- Managing individual tender exercises
- Maintaining procurement action plans
- Direct liaison and work with Strategic Procurement
- Ensuring all required documentation is completed correctly
- Liaison with Commissioning Managers regarding specific requirements
- Putting together evaluation panels
- Report writing
- Liaison with Legal & Finance departments
- Key lead with procurement partners, e.g Greenwich Clinical Commissioning Group
- Introducing E-procurement processes
- Contract award, decision and payment process
- Significant experience of the health or social care sector at a senior level including experience of service management or commissioning, staff management and performance monitoring
- Experience of effective financial management and budget planning in a social care and/ or health care environment.
The role will be responsible for representing the Integrated Commissioning team where appropriate at set strategic meetings that require procurement updates. There will be requirements for report writing and summarising key actions to Integrated Commissioning leads, and HAS DMT and the procurement team.
For mroe information please call tom on or email