Do you have experience of working with students with SEN and Behavioural difficulties? Your new company
This specialist school cater for students with SEN and SEMH needs which have not been met in other settings. It fosters a belief system of respect for individuals, their positive contributions and acceptance of your own actions to allow pupils to reach their full potential.Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teaching assistant to develop their career by supporting the classroom teacher to provide engaging and calm learning environment to children with a range of specific and behavioural learning needs (SEN). You will be working with a small group of Key Stage 4 students either individually or as a group to facilitate the class learning across a range of subjects. A positive and calm demeanour is essential when working with children who have additional learning needs. Hours are in line with the school day and you will receive a competitive rate of pay, whilst embracing a challenging and rewarding role also.What you'll need to succeed
To be successful with your application you will need
- level 2 teaching assistant qualification or above
- experience working with children within the last 2 years.
- to feel confident working with children in small groups.
- to be professional at all times, as well as friendly and enthusiastic.
- to be able to communicate effectively with staff, children and parents.
What you'll get in return
- A current enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to acquire one through Hays
In return you will receive
- Competitive daily rate
- Holiday pay accrual
- Ongoing support in school and from your expert Hays Consultant
- Access to referral schemes with Hays including £250 referral bonus *terms and conditions apply.
A successful candidate can only be appointed once an enhanced DBS has been obtained.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.