Prospero Teaching are looking for an English Teacher to start ASAP in a mainstream secondary school in the Wickford area. This is to cover a maternity leave and will be offered on an ongoing basis.About the school and contract:
About the successful English Teacher:
- We are looking for an English Teacher to start in January in a secondary school in Wickford.
- You will be focusing on teaching KS3 and KS4 students.
- ECTs are encouraged to apply.
- You will have LSAs to support you.
- There may also be some 1:1 teaching involved.
- The SLT are experienced and supportive with specialists in all areas.
- Full time (5 days a week) teaching position including planning and marking.
Contract details for the English position:
- Hold QTS or QTLS.
- Hold a relevant English related degree.
- Experience teaching in the UK is desirable but not essential.
- You will have excellent classroom and behaviour management.
- You will be pro active and innovative with the ability to engage students in different ways.
To be eligible the English Teacher must have/be:
- Location - Wickford
- Position - Full Time English Teacher or ECT
- Type of work - English teaching in a secondary school
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - maternity cover
- Duration / Likely Duration - maternity cover, ongoing
- Full time/part time - Full time (5 days)
- Minimum rate of pay - £130 per day for qualified teachers
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire to maintain current standards and raise attainment across the school.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills - the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
- A positive role model.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.