Purchasing Manager, indirect and direct categories Automotive Advanced Engineering, Assembly and ManufacturingBirminghamSalary up to £52,000
22 days holiday bank holiday, plus Bank Holidays, plus your Birthday off. Pension - 8% company contribution
We are working with an exciting and dynamic automotive organisation with a track record of delivering world class products and systems for advanced technology and performance. They are working with several OEMs on electrification solutions. We have been asked by the business to recruit an exceptional Purchasing manager, who will be responsible for overseeing the UK Procurement activities in an assigned business units, including indirect and direct spend across all categories and commodities, top level responsibility will be to ensure constant supply of components, to cost, quality and delivery. Continually looking at cost reduction strategies, without compromising quality and delivery.Key responsibilities
Lead the UK Purchasing activities in the assigned business units and categories to generate cost saving though strong supplier development.
The Procurement Team will act as a primary interface with plant functions for direct and indirect purchasing matters, and to provide support to Production Control & Logistics and Quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
The Purchasing Manager will devise and develop a sourcing strategy per commodity group and is implemented effectively and efficiently and integrated with the emerging opportunities from the respective local market. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on supplier performance supporting UK audits and providing risk management analysis and business intelligence.
They will also be accountable for managing the Procurement budget and controlling spend across the business.Other areas of responsibility are:
Key qualifications, skills and experience required
- Manage, develop, and strengthen the Procurement team.
- Supplier development to ensure constant supply
- Manage the operational spend whilst developing cost effective spend initiatives.
- Identify Continuous improvement measures, tracking results
- Investigate the potential of consignment stocking with suppliers.
- Procurement lead with all CAPEX expenditure
- Explore and Develop strategies recommended by the Procurement Team.
- Ensure the application of improvements determined by the Procurement team, working with all key production and manufacturing stakeholders to get the quality approval on proposed new Material/Suppliers
- Integrate the Procurement team with emerging opportunities coming from UK and Global markets.
- Be the first point of contact for Plant management for all purchasing related matters, providing support to PC&L and Quality as first escalation level for supplier related issues.
- Ensure that the financial purchasing performance is well understood and under control
- Support the budget creation and realisation.
- Influence the overall Business Strategy and how Procurement will positively impact this
- The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working within automotive procurement at all levels to deliver the required results.
- Good planning, negotiating, and organising skills.
- Managing a small team
- Excellent communication skills
- SAP Experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of electrical components would be advantageous.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.