Senior Research Manager
with a Science degree is required for a well-established charity based in London. You will have a strong background of grant award and management processes, including grant rounds, working with large external committees and monitoring grants.SALARY:
up to £43,700 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting) LOCATION:
London Office, SE1
The charity will also consider home-based candidates in the UK with some visits to the London Office expected but the non-London weighting salary will be applied.JOB TYPE:
Full-Time, PermanentJOB OVERVIEW
Are you looking to start the new year with a new and exciting role in Research?
Look no further as the charity is seeking a Senior Research Manager to join their expanding Research team!
The charity is at a transformative stage of growth and development and are increasing their investment in the research community. They have bold ambitions therefore, they are building their research capacity and resource with new posts and new structures. This will enable the charity to not just increase their research investment but to do it in the areas most needed for researchers to effectively drive changes in survival.
In this newly created role as the Senior Research Manager you will take responsibility for the development, delivery, and monitoring of the charity's rapidly growing research activities. Key to this role will be working to ensure that the grants schemes are dynamic, innovative, and delivered to the highest possible quality and objectivity, addressing key needs of the research and patient community.
As the Senior Research Manager you will also contribute significantly to the strategic thinking, community engagement, and leadership within the Research Team, across the charity, and in the research community.DUTIES
Your duties as the Senior Research Manager include:
- Developing and delivering strategic research initiatives (with direct support from Research
- Overseeing the application and review processes
- Responsibility for the post-award management and overseeing the administration of grants to enable the charity to be fully accountable for its research spending
- Supporting the Research Communications Manager and Research Manager to analyse, interpret and communicate the impact of our research activities and investment
- Working closely with the Research Communications Manager to communicate the programme of funded research and building key relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to maximise impact from research activities and to deliver wider organisational objectives
- Coordinate and input to the development of new strategic funding schemes alongside planned response-mode funding and other research activities
- You will have an in-depth ability and a strong track record of grant award and management processes, including running grant rounds, working with large external committees, and monitoring grants
- Proven ability in working well with a wide variety of stakeholders, including all levels of seniority within academia and other research settings e.g. funders and host institutes
- Proven ability to work with teams within your organisation to develop engaging research communications e.g. for funding bids, media, and/or policy
- Knowledge of the cancer research environment in the UK, and/or research funding and the charity sector
- Ability to conduct meetings, present to external audiences, and represent the organisation at seminars, workshops and be the subject matter expert both internally and externally
- Strong team-working skills; able to understand and balance the priorities of others in relation to their own work
ABOUT THE CHARITY
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with good time management and the ability to manage a busy and varied workload, whilst maintaining attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
It's unacceptable that more than half of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer die within 3 months. Survival rates have improved enormously for most cancers, yet for pancreatic cancer, this is not the case. And, with treatment and care affected by the pandemic, the situation has only got worse.
The organisation is a national charity dedicated to taking on this injustice using every possible means. They're supporting people with pancreatic cancer now, campaigning, and funding vital research to transform the future. WORKING WITH THE CHARITY
The charity is an inclusive employer, committed and looking for people who can demonstrate dedication to their cause and values.
They celebrate all aspects of diversity and inclusion and believe in appointing the right person for the role and, that there should be no barriers to work and employment. They are aiming to be an organisation whose workforce broadly reflects society and creates a positive environment for everyone to flourish, therefore they particularly welcome applications from candidates who consider themselves to be in a diverse minority.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London or remotely from home. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.