We have partnered with an Artificial Intelligence Tech company who are looking for an enthusiastic and proven Accounts Assistant. This is a very exciting position for someone looking to work for an international and fast-growing business.
The package includes a generous salary of between £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on relevant experience), study support, professional development and benefit package. The organisation are currently working from home, however, once office normality resumes, the position will be hybrid of office and home working. Their offices are London based, near to Kings Cross.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will be responsible for keeping financial records up to date ensuring the accurate and timely processing of cash, sales and purchase transactions, communicating with Operations staff based at sites throughout the UK and internationally, supporting the Senior Finance Team with month end procedures and carrying out ad-hoc pieces of work for the wider finance team.
- Posting cash payments and receipts, daily bank reconciliation and communicating receipts information to the Sales and Operations team
- Processing supplier invoices, ensuring accurate coding, payment run preparation, supplier reconciliations and resolving supplier queries
- Processing sales invoices raised by the Sales and Operations team into the finance system, reconciling the billing system to the finance system, processing client deposit returns
- Keeping the payables and receivables subledgers up to date by ensuring timely application of payments and issue resolution and supporting the Sales and Operations team with debt reporting
- Posting accrual and prepayment journals for month end
- Producing balance sheet reconciliations for month end
- Supporting the Financial Controller and CFO with ad-hoc analysis, reporting or systems implementation procedures
Measure of success
- Accuracy of transactional posting data and tidiness of ledgers
- Accuracy of month end procedures and reconciliations
- Good attitude to learning new skills and supporting the finance team
Qualifications and experience
- A-levels (or equivalent) plus experience in a junior finance role, or
- Relevant bachelors' degree
- Strong Excel abilities
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of accounting practices
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- This role is a muti national business and the ideal candidate would have experience working with multicurrency.