Are you experienced in managing medium to high value procurement projects and using advanced purchasing techniques? We are looking for Procurement Managers to join our team in either Swindon, Newport, or Billingham on a permanent basis. The salary for this role is £37,235 and we will consider applicants wanting full-time or part-time hours, this can be discussed at interview. What will you be doing?
At UK SBS we are very honoured to support our customers in some of the most exciting and upcoming areas of growth and research in the UK. Within this team, you will find yourself buying anything from commodity items through to contracts relating to Space, Energy and Carbon Net Zero, Consultancy, IT services and goods to name a few, but no two days are the same. As an organisation we pride ourselves by supporting the Government to get the best outcome and to meet goals.
The Procurement Manager will, under direction from the Head of Procurement, provide professional guidance, work with customers to deliver complex and strategic Procurement projects while supporting team members with strategy, planning, and execution of procurement opportunities. Key responsibilities will include:
Who are we looking for?As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Provide support in the development and management of the end-to-end Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) tendering process
- Ensure the successful delivery of contracts adhere to all relevant EU legislation, value for money principles and commercial awareness
- Ensure that audit trails are created, governance and due diligence are embedded, and value for money analysis undertaken
- Ensure that the defined best practice procurement processes and policies are followed to deliver maximum use of e-Procurement Systems and processes and optimise savings opportunities
- Delivering the category plan and strategy for the area
- Approval and escalation point for procurements of £100k to £500k in value
What do we do?
- Member of, or working towards Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Experienced in advanced purchasing techniques (e.g., OJEU) and purchasing platforms
- Experience of managing and running medium to high value (above £500k) complex procurement projects (non-category managed spend) from initial customer engagement through to selection and award of contract
- Demonstrable understanding of procurement outsourcing contracts
- Excellent level in Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, and Outlook, can demonstrate using Excel for analytical purposes
- Proven experience in building and maintaining good stakeholder relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is owned by the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). It is a government shared service provider with one of the widest ranges of service provision within the UK public sector. We provide administrative and professional services to six public sector partners across Finance, HR and Payroll, Information Technology (IT), and Procurement.
It is an exciting time to join us here at UK SBS, we are a well-established and stable business. After proving our stability throughout the pandemic, we are now entering a period of growth and transformation. We're embracing a hybrid way of working, this is in addition to 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days within 3 years of service, a generous pension scheme and other lifestyle and health care benefits. Sound Interesting?
Applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged. For the full job description and how to apply, please click apply and you will be taken through to our Careers page.