Tax Compliance Manager - Surrey / Europe - | £45k to £65k per annum
Morson are proud to be partnering with a Global Sustainable Logistics Company looking to recruit a Tax Compliance Manager within the UK Tax and Accountancy team.
The position is hybrid, based in Weybridge, Surrey & remote working.
This regional role is responsible for all tax compliance matters (direct & indirect taxes), tax reporting and relating tax compliance projects owned/supported by Controllership team for all Europe operating companies.
The region consists of 37 countries, with 40 entities
The Tax Compliance Manager will have up to 5 direct reports (tax compliance officers), recruitment of which will be required in the early stages of joining the business.
The level of compliance for the region; e.g. timely and accurate submissions (tax fillings)
The effectiveness of the control environment as measured by internal audit / compliance reports
The level of standardisation and process harmonisation achieved
Reporting to the Senior Finance Controller, the Tax Compliance Manager Key Accountabilities will be:
Responsible for the organisation Europe's direct and indirect tax compliance - timely preparation and filling to ensure compliance with all tax legislation, documentation and filing requirement for organisations Europe operating companies. This includes but it is not limited to GST, VAT, NDVAT, Fringe Benefit, Withholding, Intrastat, Corporate Income Tax, etc.
Define, drive and maintain effective tax compliance controls in the region.
Prepare and file income tax calculations and provision, tax effect accounting entries, income tax work papers and maintenance of tax fixed asset registers prepared by Controllers; review indirect tax and other local tax calculation and returns prepared by Controllers
Assists the Tax Team in responding to tax audits and tax authority enquiries, including oversight and review of information and documentation retrieval
Tax reporting: review tax workbooks and BRACS tax submissions prepared by Controllers. Providing support on all aspects of the tax reporting process to Controllers team and the Tax Team.
Responsible for ensuring accurate tax accounts balances and account reconciliations
Manage the relationship with local external tax advisors with respect to tax compliance filing and in-country tax compliance.
Oversee the collection and archiving of documentation to support tax filing calculations and lodgement.
Assure consistency and standardization of tax compliance affairs and filing process (incl. standardization of tax reporting, tax instructions, reporting controls, etc.)
Establish processes, control environment /tools, working instructions/SOP for tax reporting and tax filings (compliance tools)
Co-work with Tax Team to develop processes and training for tax to be considered and captured in business decisions in order to ensure maximum efficiency and reduced exposure
Participate and support other tasks / tax projects as required
Problem solving relates to the requirement in the role to analyse, reason and arrive at conclusions to solve problems. This can be range between routine and patterned (day-to-day within procedures) or more complex in nature requiring analytical and innovative solutions
Navigating the complexity of working in a matrix structure
Authority & Decision making
Finance approval limits as defined by the business, BU and CBU LOA matrix
Delegated authority to act as a Company Officer of the in-scope entities (includes local signing authority on company returns or approval of payments)
Approval of policies and changes in processes and SOP's relevant or specific to role
Approval of journals and balance sheet accounts as defined in accordance with policy
Approval of tax return forms and payments as per the finance approval limits
What we are looking for -
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting or in a relevant finance technical discipline
Desirable: Tax qualification & Certification / Certified Tax Advisor (relevant to Europe market)
Proven knowledge of tax compliance, tax accounting and tax reporting. A Tax Qualification is desirable but not mandatory if knowledge can be proven through experience
5+ years' experience in multinational environment with experience on roles involving the delivery of tax compliance activities, ideally on tax compliance roles looking after tax affairs of multiple European jurisdictions
Understanding of SAP and Hyperion
Strong excel skills
Experience in public company or foreign listed company multinational environment reporting desirable
IFRS knowledge desirable
Previous experience working within or alongside a 'back office' shared service environment desirable
Skills & Knowledge
Proven track record of leading teams to get results
Strong knowledge and understanding of Tax processes
Solid understanding of European tax compliance rules
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Understanding of multi-currency finance environments
Proven expertise in remote management and managing in a matrix experience
Decision maker, driven by objectives, solutions and results
Consistent behaviour even under strong pressure
Awareness of FP&A, Treasury, Commercial and Supply Chain Finance processes
Location: UK / Remote
Salary: £45,000 to £65,0000 per annum + Excellent benefits
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you must APPLY NOW, making sure to attach your up-to-date CV.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial telephone interview. If selected from the shortlist, a 2 stage formal interview process will begin.
· Responsible for the organisation Europe's direct and indirect tax compliance - timely preparation andfilling to ensure compliance with all tax legislation, documentation and filing requirement fororganisations Europe operating companies. This includes but it is not limited to GST, VAT, NDVAT,FringeBenefit,Withholding, Intrastat, CorporateIncomeTax,etc.
· Define,driveandmaintaineffective taxcompliancecontrolsintheregion.
· Prepare and file income tax calculations and provision, tax effect accounting entries, incometax work papers and maintenance of tax fixed asset registers prepared by Controllers;reviewindirecttaxandotherlocaltaxcalculationandreturnspreparedby Controllers
· AssiststheTaxTeaminrespondingtotaxauditsandtaxauthorityenquiries,includingoversightand reviewofinformationanddocumentationretrieval
· Taxreporting:reviewtaxworkbooksandBRACStaxsubmissionspreparedbyControllers.Providing support on all aspects of the tax reporting process to Controllers team andtheTax Team.
· Responsibleforensuringaccurate taxaccountsbalancesandaccountreconciliations
· Oversee the collection and archiving of documentation to support tax filing calculations and lodgement.
· Establishprocesses,controlenvironment/tools,workinginstructions/SOPfortaxreportingandtaxfilings(compliance tools)
· Co-workwithTaxTeamtodevelopprocessesandtrainingfortaxtobeconsideredandcaptured in business decisions in order to ensure maximum efficiency and reducedexposure