I am recruiting for a Team Leader for my clients Supported Living service in Hillingdon which supports Adults with Mental Health needs. You will be joining a values-led care provider which supports Adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs across residential, supported living and supported housing services.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of this busy service as the Service Manager works across multiple sites in Hillingdon. You will be responsible for the line management of a Senior Support Worker and a team of Support Workers who are dedicated and committed to supporting vulnerable adults with their support needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Team Leader or Deputy Manager to step up as your role is pivotal to the quality of the service and the outcomes for those supported. You need to be a confident leader who has excellent people management and communication skills and would really suit someone who is looking to take a step towards a Service Manager role. Key Responsibilities of a Team Leader:
- To maintain a high-quality service working in partnership with colleagues to manage services.
- To ensure the service meets, and indeed exceeds, the requirements of the contract of the service and the Care Quality Commission guidance where required
- To ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual service user through assessment, person centred planning and regular outcome focused reviews of services.
- To ensure the delivery of person-centred care/support services that promote independence, choice and dignity to empower people to live as independently as possible.
Team Leader Requirements:
- To ensure good communication and links with all stakeholders with regard to the provision of services including commissioners, customers, relatives, social work teams etc.
- To manage a team of staff and be involved in the management and direct provision of the service.
- To ensure that staff are trained for their roles and responsibilities and that all groups of staff within the team have access to appropriate training and learning opportunities.
- To deliver services effectively and efficiently and have clear monitoring procedures and processes in place to ensure standards are continually met.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of working in a health and social care setting.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting
- Experience supports Adults with mental health needs
- Experience of managing an effective team
- Holds, studying towards or willing to study towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care or the equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively manage and lead the performance of others
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Nichole
at Domus Recruitment. As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.