Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it's our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions.
We are recruiting for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to support a local police force's Occupational Health Service.Job Purpose:
To provide a professional, proactive and comprehensive Occupational Health Service to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of members of the Force, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative requirements and Force Policy.Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will have following:
- It is essential that the post holder is a Nursing and Midwifery Council Registered General Nurse (Part 1 & 3).
- Postholder must have a specialist community public health nursing (SCPHN) NMC recognised post graduate qualification / Degree in Occupational Health.
- Knowledge and use of evidence-based practice directly relevant to health and wellbeing in work (with knowledge of policing preferred).
- Must have significant experience working within the field of Occupational Health to enable the post holder to undertake case management and deal with cases in a complex organisation with multiple sites and specialist roles and requirements effectively. Postholders must have experience of complex cases of workplace injury and ill health
- Must have an understanding of basic employment law and how it relates to occupational health. Also require a sound working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation including the Equality Act, Disability discrimination Act, Access to Medical Reports Act, Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Must have proven clinical skills and experience of modern screening techniques including audiometry, spirometry and immunisations and the ability to interpret results. Calibrate all associated equipment and ensure records are maintained.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in preparing/delivering presentations and / or training for colleagues at all organisational levels who have varying levels of skill and knowledge in specialist areas.
- Ability to undertake research and prepare reports on health care issues as directed by the Force Medical Officer.
This is a temporary role, working on a full-time basis for 3 months with possible extension depending on workload. The role pays upto £35.00 per hour PAYE
. An Umbrella equivalent is also available.*These roles will require security screening and vetting as part of the recruitment process.
Please apply now and join us in loving MondaysAll roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it's the driving force behind all of REED's philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.