Positive Employment is currently recruiting for a Finance Officer in surrounding area of Greater London.
The post holder will manage finance and accountancy systems; undertaking a variety of technical tasks which arise in the financial year.Duties and Tasks:
- Managing accounts payables and receivables transactions using appropriate systems and ensuring appropriate authorisation,
- Dealing with queries from managers', vendors', and customers' (including service providers / service users), taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carry out system reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and taking remedial action.
- Participate in the Council's closing of accounts programme.
- Provide information and appropriate financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Participate in the preparation of bids for funding.
- Participate in the preparation of financial information for internal decision-making processes, e.g., Committee reports.
- Provide statistical and financial analysis.
- Taking ownership of a group / range of customers or vendors (includes service providers / service users / contractors) and carrying out regular checks of outstanding balances and actions required.
- Reporting suspected fraud and malpractice in line with the Council's Fraud response Plan. Supporting the investigation of any suspected fraud or malpractice.
Working hours: 9:00am - 17:00pm Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered Please note successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check on the updated service
- Educational achievements to the level of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
- Currently working towards a professional accountancy qualification relevant to public finance.
- Knowledge of local government finance.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Using computerised financial information system(s) in the delivery of finance functions.
- Effective use of ICT applications in a workplace
- Preparing financial and statistical information to various audiences in the workplace.
- Able to analyse basic financial data and reports.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities apply in an administrative/ finance service