Job Title: Emergency Care Assistant
Pay rate: £12.00-£17.06 per hour plus enhancements
Location: to cover Poole, London, Northampton and surrounding
Hours: full time (contracted hours)
Shifts: we can offer either a 3 on, 3 off or a 5 on, 2 off rota (whilst on call, you will be expected to be flexible to cover days, nights, weekends and bank holidays)
Applicants must hold a full, UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle- you are required to travel up to 100 miles from your home postcode.
Part of the City & County Healthcare group, ICCM provides highly trained care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. We specialise in nurse-led care for adults and children with a range of disabilities such as spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, Multiple Sclerosis and Muscular Dystrophy.
Our bespoke, person-centred approach means we need care staff who can adapt to a client's individual needs.
We are currently seeking an Emergency Care Assistant to join our highly valued Rapid Response team. The position requires you to be on call and cover shifts (often at short notice) where the regular care team for that client is unable to assist. You will support with everything from personal and clinical care, to domestic duties, social activities and personal interests.
* Previous complex care experience (minimum 2 years)
* Experience in medication administration
* A full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle
* An ability to travel up to 100 miles from your home post code
* Flexibility to cover days, nights weekends and bank holidays
* Excellent communication skills
* Spinal Cord Injury care
* Tracheostomy care
* Ventilation care
* Diabetes management
* Seizure Management
* Guaranteed, contracted hours (including a retainer)
* Pension Scheme
* Paid, comprehensive induction training and clinical training
* Ongoing training, support and development opportunities
* Mileage allowance*
* Exclusive employee staff discounts on high street retailers
* Employee referral bonus scheme
All of our members of staff are now regularly PCR tested for Covid-19 to help protect our clients and other team members. Staff members are required to wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where necessary.
Employment is subject to satisfactory references and a full Enhanced Disclosure (costs will be covered by the company)
City and County Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities employer
*Terms and conditions apply