Your new role
Nigel Wright are excited to be supporting a dynamic and growing business in Co Durham who are looking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant. A leader in the services they provide, they are seeking to add to their growing finance team and require a highly qualified Accountant who can further strengthen the finance function by providing accurate and timely financial reporting to senior stakeholders both internally and externally to the business.Duties and Responsibilities
You will be/have
- Group consolidated accounts (30 legal entities)
- Lease accounting and IFRS16 computations
- Transaction accounting following Mergers & Acquisitions
- Balance sheet reviews
- Support the business with improvement of systems & processes
- Technical lead for accounting standard advice for the Finance function.
- Working closely with the Tax Manager to understand any tax adjustments required in each accounting particularly at quarterly.
- Day to day responsibility for the Pension scheme work streams, including liaising with Pension Trustees and Pension advisors.
- Maintain and ensure robust financial reporting to key stakeholders both at board level and externally including, financial accounting papers and formal statutory reports.
- Eventually you will manage a small team
- Support ad hoc project work, in line with function business.
- A fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Our client is happy to consider those who are at various stages of their career. The hiring manager has strong technical knowledge and therefore, if you are looking for an opportunity to strengthen your financial/technical accounting skills, this would be the ideal opportunity for you to do so, as training will be given
- Able to work in demanding situations which require strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills - Advanced Excel
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Being part of the growth journey and supporting with the business's five year ambitious growth plans
- Hybrid working available
- Opportunities to progress and develop