Are you a recently qualified or exam qualified ACA professional looking for your first move from practice into the investment management industry? If you consider yourself a bright, dynamic and ambitious individual and you would love to work with a high performing team with a global reach, please read on.
Joining a global alternatives investment management firm, renowned for exceptional results, you will be laying a strong foundations on which you will be able to build a successful finance career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparation of management accounts & management information packs together with preparation of annual financial statements. The role also encompasses business partnering, as well as undertaking ad hoc analysis and project work.
- Preparing monthly management reporting packs, including variance analysis and insightful written commentary
- Provide ongoing support to the Business and add value by continual business partnering, being proactive and commercially aware, and undertaking any ad- hoc projects the Business may require
- Aid commercial and operational planning by assisting departments with the preparation of annual budgets
- Ensure an efficient financial month-end close process, with timely and accurate preparation of manual journals (such as accruals, prepayments, cross-charges, etc)
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of entity balance sheets by performing monthly / quarterly reconciliations in line with month end timetable
- Ensure the entities fulfil their legal, tax and regulatory obligations by taking ownership of the preparation of annual financial statements and assisting with external returns (FCA, VAT, PSA, ONS, etc)
- Help execute efficient year-end audit & tax compliance process
- Improve the effectiveness of the Finance Team by identifying and implementing process efficiencies
- Ensure the effective maintenance of internal controls by remaining vigilant, professionally sceptical and providing the appropriate level of challenge to the Business
Requirements for the position:
- Qualified (fully or exam qualified) ACA with experience working in practice - ideally exposure to auditing / advising financial services or regulated businesses
- Understanding of FRS 102 desirable
- Be a bright, enthusiastic team player with a proactive approach
- Intermediate excel skills
- Desire to continue developing skills and broadening working knowledge
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust directly at Investigo London.