Fund Accountant Property Sector London £55,000 plus bonus.
My client is a highly successful investor of a varied property folio and is FCA regulated,
Based in delightful offices in London's west end we are now exclusively retained to assist in the appointment of a Fund Accountant,
The role will
- Accounting function: Assisting with the information flow to external accounting providers to allow the preparation of management accounts and financial statements for the Investment Advisor and portfolio entities and consolidated statements for the Investment Advisor, ensuring internal controls and procedures are followed, assisting with the audit process and liaising with the Investment Advisors and the portfolio's auditors and tax advisers as required to perform role successfully.
- Portfolio reporting system: Managing the day-to-day administration of the reporting system (Anaplan) used for collecting and consolidating accounting information for the group
- Portfolio function: Aiding the deal team in the smooth running of the Portfolio by assisting with administrative, accounting, due diligence and reporting matters as and when necessary
- Transaction management function: Assist with transactions on live deals
Portfolio reporting system
- Review of quarterly Trial Balances supplied by external advisors to ensure all transactions have been accounted for in the respective project
- Assist with the review of annual financial statements for Investment Advisor and Portfolio entities prepared by in-house or external third parties (under FRS 10x, Lux GAAP, other local GAAPs and/or IFRS)
- Assist with the audit process for the Investment Advisor's and individual Portfolio entities, as required, to comply with any external financing requirements.
- Aid to ensure all statutory filing requirements for Investment Advisor and the Portfolio in respect of all tax and financial reporting/filing matters (including income tax and VAT) are met
- Assist with internal and external reporting in respect of scheduled and ad-hoc analysis/reports, third party requests, reports to external finance providers, regulatory authorities and investors.
- Ensuring both outsourced and in-house accountants are provided with project financial information on a regular, at least monthly, basis
- Ensuring outsourced and in-house accountants are provided with all payment, banking and invoice information required to prepare monthly management accounts for the Investment Advisor itself
- Assist with review of service providers from cost standpoint and monitoring of accounts (including review of invoices received from the Portfolio administrators)
- Ensure internal controls and procedures are followed
- Monitoring of the model for errors which can be resolved i.e., ongoing maintenance
- Model building: amending existing areas of the model e.g., split FS per income-generating, development etc.
- Model building: creation of forecast FS applying correct accounting treatment, based on the underwriting cash flow, to be used on existing and new projects
- Model building: creation of any new requests for items to be built on Anaplan e.g., cost matrix
- Respond to any queries from outsourced or in-house accountants regarding data upload
- Amendments to mapping/ FS lines to ensure Anaplan output is accurate
- Resolving any ad-hoc user queries regarding Anaplan mechanics
- Ad hoc analysis of the portfolio and portfolio performance using Anaplan to assist with asset level analysis and financial performance
- Managing the Portfolio Administrators payment processes to ensure all approved payments are completed in a timely manner and assist with the management of payments within/outside the group
- Maintaining the Portfolio's structure charts to ensure they are updated for new and closed deals. Provide ad hoc charts for banks and other financiers as required to enable the Portfolio to enter into new facility agreements
- Liaising with internal and external Administrators and board members to coordinate the approval of documentation and other regulatory reporting.
- Assisting with the production of a quarterly accounts and internal reporting pack for the Investment Advisor
- Drafting minutes and resolutions for the Portfolio and its entities and liaising with lawyers / professional advisors on the same
- Assist with fund flows for transactions, expenses and deal completions
- Management of expenses on deals
- Assist with pre-completion reporting requirements such as CPs required by banks or other lenders
- Assist with the liquidation of subsidiaries as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Update and manage tasks on the online Riliance platform
- Liaise with external compliance manager to ensure internal policy notes are kept up-to-date on at least an annual basis and new policy notes are added as required
The ideal candidate should be able to work closely with the Senior Fund Accountant, take responsibility for assigned tasks and carry these out at own initiative after handover.
The ideal candidate should have:
- high level of accuracy
- ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA),
- demonstrated experience of dealing with senior people as well as external third parties (such as "big four" auditors, tax advisors, professional services suppliers, the financial control function at investment banks etc.)
- a good educational background
- good interpersonal skills
- familiarity with IFRS and Lux GAAP
- experience in Real Estate
At Alexander Charles we take the protection of your data very seriously and I would draw your attention to our GDPR statement which can be found on our website under the heading "legal"
By sending us your details, you will have deemed to have considered and accepted these terms.