PROCUREMENT CATEGORY MANAGER - POULTRY - GLOBAL FOOD BRAND - SURREY/ HYBRID - £50,000 - £65,000 + PACKAGE + ACCELERATED PROGRESSION
I've partnered with one of the worlds' biggest and most recognisable food brands as they begin their transformation into a best-in-class procurement function. Renowned for their highly collaborative working environment, this business is built on excellence and focused on delivering a brilliant customer experience.
Their procurement function is currently growing due to their continued success across multiple categories including poultry, general food, consumables, packaging and indirects. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their experience designing and implementing category strategies or managing suppliers and forging long term strategic relationships.
Since opening their first store in 1952, the company has gone from strength to strength and created a globally recognised brand that everyone can enjoy. In 2018, the company opened their 48,000th restaurant with further plans to grow each of their European regions by 150 new stores per annum.
Procurement Category Manager role profile:
- Strategic role involving managing a portfolio of suppliers in defined Categories and potentially managing one to three Category Buyer
- Supports the definition of the category and sourcing strategy that delivers on short- and long-term goals of the 6 BMUs
- Support local BMU SCM, QA and NPD on supplier issues. Inc. supplier development & crisis management
- Owns the regional 'Spend Smarter' for their Categories
- Supports the Category Leader in the definition and implementation long term category strategy that delivers against the needs of the company by:
- Aligning closely with relevant stakeholders to consider Europe BMUs' priorities
- Creating the Category Strategy integrating internal factors (e.g. technical requirements) and external factors (e.g. supply market dynamics)
- Researching and selecting the right levers for each sub-category to extract maximum value from the procurement spend, ensuring the inclusion of non-commercial levers (e.g. specification improvement, partnerships.
- Conducting the category risk management, identifying potential risks and developing mitigation plans
- Minimum of 5+ years of Procurement or Supply Chain experience
- 2+ years in a Category Manager equivalent role preferably in retail, food service, FMCG
- Proven experience in autonomously conducting cost and supply projects
- Proven experience of working collaboratively in complex stakeholder environment
For more information, or to apply, please reach out to with a copy of your updated CV.
Key words: procurement, buying, purchasing, buyer, category manager, supplier relationship manager, food, FMCG, retail, food buyer, sourcing manager, strategy, RFI, RFP, RFQ, stakeholder management, supply chain
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.