Credit Risk Manager** Salary: £40-60K ** Permanent Opportunity **
Lloyd Recruitment Services are recruiting a Credit Risk Manager to join an expanding and diverse company, based in London.
Credit Risk Manager's develop and implement policies and procedures that reduce credit risk for a financial institution, in this case a well-established bank.Wholesale and Subsidiary Branch Duties:
- Providing inputs from Credit Risk angle on Wholesale Branch proposals received for CRO observations.
- Validating credit data for Risk Weighted Assets in Bank's system such as ASCROM or FINACLE.
- Vetting of all Credit Risk Policies from second line of defence (2LOD) perspective.
- Providing observations as 2LOD on exposure proposed by first line of defence (1LOD) such as exposure on Financial Institutions
- Monitoring of Counter Party Bank Limit and reporting to Corporate Office
- MI to Risk Management Committee ("RMC")
- Periodic review of Credit portfolio of the UK Territory from second line of defence (2LOD) perspective.
- Regular monitoring of advance accounts under watchlist and challenge to first line of defence, escalating to CRO as required.
- Submission of any other Reports of UK wholesale operations as per the requirements of top management of the bank.
- Convening of Credit Risk Evaluation Committee ("CREC") for preparation and circulation of minutes.
- Providing inputs from Credit Risk angle on Subsidiary proposals received for CREC clearance.
- Preparation of Note to Board Risk & Compliance Committee ("BRCC") and Board covering matters and in support of CRO Reporting.
- Calculation of counterparty bank limits for any fresh request for limit and monitoring as per Risk Appetite Statement
- Calculation, monitoring and reporting of country Risk limits for fresh exposures and review of existing limits.
- Undergraduate from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years credit risk experience in a UK banking environment
- Credit knowledge of sectors such as property lending, Small Medium Enterprises (SME) - Syndicated loan experience and Financial Institutions will be useful.
- Some knowledge of using and assessing credit rating models is required, included applying and validating PD/LGDs.
- Knowledge of credit risk assessment techniques used for different counterparties
- Conducting industry sector reviews at high-level for risk committees.
- Some familiarity with second line of defence (2LOD) credit risk will be preferred but is not essential.
Lloyd Recruitment Services would like to thank you for taking the time to apply to this vacancy. However, unfortunately due to a high number of applications, we are only able to respond to shortlisted applicants. If you have not heard from us within seven days, please assume that you have not be shortlisted on this occasion. However please do join our Facebook community, to be the first to see our new positions.