Key Responsibilities: Tax Technical
- Maintaining ITPS, the banks tax rate repository and client profiling database.
- Addressing client queries including attendance on client calls and at client meetings.
- Addressing queries from Tax Operations including determination of withholding tax rates and treaty eligibility through liaison with local agents, external tax advisors and internal group tax teams.
- Support response to RFPs including review of tax commentary, drafted by local market teams, for technical accuracy.
- Support on-boarding of new clients including treaty analysis for their investor types and ensuring they are eligible for reduced rates in various investment markets.
- Achieve consensus on tax treatment for complex investor types in an evolving global tax regulatory landscape (for example evaluation of the impact of MLI and DAC6/MDR).
- Review ITPS profiles on a rolling sample basis, working with the Tax Liaison team to determine the timetabling of profiles to be reviewed.
- Review of market tax changes including new/amended legislation and tax authority publications to assess impact for Securities Services business.
- Approval of client market and service watch communications drafted by the DCC branches.
- Support with tax product review exercise for DCC branches.
- Support with management of programme of DCC branch tax deep dives.
- Assist with periodic review of the Tax Governance Framework to ensure all parameters are captured and tailored for market specific concerns.
- Assist with administering the Tax Governance Framework including scheduling and running regular calls with DCC branches including maintaining minutes, following up with markets and tracking responses.
- Sample review of Governance Framework attestations.
- Managing Tax Retainer relationship including on-boarding of new markets.
- Clarification and ongoing maintenance of role and responsibilities matrix between SSHs product and tax operations teams.
- Supporting with marketing and client feedback initiatives for tax services.
- Support with maintaining templates for client communications and on line tax service information.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.