Day to day management and leadership of complex projects and project teams across the change lifecycle within a dynamic and flexible environment, to agreed parameters (time, cost, quality).
Champion and implement effective project delivery, supporting the vision to deliver effective change, including:
• Leadership of a team to bring consensus to what needs to be achieved to resolve business challenges within our mid to high complexity project(s). The Senior Project Manager needs to be comfortable working across the change lifecycle and in both business change and tech enabled transformations and with project value often around £3m-£10m per annum.
• Definition and agreement of the appropriate methodologies, governance and reporting mechanisms to be used across project delivery in line with Portfolio Office standards.
• Ensuring governing forums and senior stakeholders are appropriately engaged with ongoing change activity through briefings, alongside more targeted conversations to influence others and build support for delivery.
• Remote and/or in person task management of a project team within an often reactive environment with moderate to high levels of uncertainty to move towards an agreed delivery end point.
• Development of project product breakdown structures and project / work stream plans with team members, followed by monitoring and assurance activities to ensure project progress is monitored and controlled and dependencies managed.
• Development of Business Cases at appropriate points of the project lifecycle and then ownership and management of these cases through the multi stage governance process.
• Proactive risk and issue management with an understanding of management levers which can be used and appropriate points at which these should be deployed.
• Managing commercial processes in conjunction with the commercial team to ensure relevant delivery contracts are in place, then subsequent contract management through the lifecycle of the project(s). The Senior Project Manager needs to understand principles around commercial management and ensure correct controls in place to deliver value for money.
• Proactive management of dependencies and working relationships with other areas or other external organisations which are required to conduct activities to support project delivery
• Experience of resolving and escalating risks, issues and conflicts as necessary within a complex change portfolio
• Experience of managing suppliers and contractors, assuring quality and ensuring value for money
• Experience of managing a team, setting a collaborative culture, building capability and creating an environment of continuous learning
• Experience of managing complex programmes and projects
• PRINCE2: Practitioner and / or Agile Project Management Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
• Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).