Managing a portfolio of clients ensuring that they are receiving proactive accountancy & tax advice and that all their statutory deadlines are met within a timely manner. Our aim is to ensure every client receives compliant advice from a friendly and professional accountant.Key Responsibilities
- Managing your own portfolio of clients, the majority will be PSCs.
- Responding to inbound client queries via telephone and email.
- Assisting team members where required.
- Responsible for preparing some yearend accounts, Self-Assessment Tax Returns and VAT Returns
- Ensuring all VAT returns and Management Accounts are prepared within deadlines.
- Updating IRIS Practice Management to ensure that all jobs are allocated to team members.
- Filing on IRIS opendocs.
- Contacting clients over the phone to ensure they meet their required deadlines.
- Providing proactive outbound advice to clients both new and existing, including tax planning.
- Providing technical support to the organisations limited company/umbrella/sale teams.
- Monitoring clients' deadlines for VAT/Self-Assessment/Yearend accounts through internal reporting tools.
- Processing clients company payroll.
- Advising clients through company closedown/CapitalDistribution/MVLprocessing.
- Assisting with IR35 contract reviews, if required.
- Experience of working in a practice dealing with small businesses
- Preferable working knowledge of the contracting industry (specifically with regards to IR35 regulations and Managed Service Company legislation)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience in preparing accounts for limited company's.
- Experience in calculating tax liabilities & advising clients (SA, CT & VAT).
- Experience in running a limited company payroll would be beneficial.
- Good computer skills and basic understanding of accounting practice software.
- Experience with IRIS and IRIS opendocs preferable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Ability to work as part of a team yet self-motivated and target driven.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Strong organisational skills
- To be already, or planning to study towards an accountancy qualification such as
- AAT / ACCA