Our wonderful client is seeking a Temporary Buying Administrator to assist in the efficient running of the Finance and Procurement team. This is the perfect opportunity for an articulate candidate with extensive financial, office-based experience, who is able to work well under pressure and in a flexible manner.
Please note, this is a temporary position paid on a weekly PAYE basis. The role will start immediately, so sadly candidates with a lengthy notice period cannot be considered.
This is also a full-time role so you must be immediately available to work a full working week.
Temporary Buying Administrator Responsibilities
The overall responsibility of the position is to provide for the efficient and economical treatment of orders and resolve issues arising from them.
As the Temporary Buying Administrator some of your duties will include:
- Processing purchase requests ensuring value for money and compliance with inhouse procedures.
- Setting up new suppliers
- Undertaking credit card payments
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of the procurement system
- Liaising with suppliers and staff to discuss issues regarding existing or new purchase orders.
- Actively monitoring and chasing low value orders
- Working with the Senior Buyer to tender for, and develop, agreements to cover various commodity areas
- Actively monitoring those agreements to ensure compliance by the suppliers and usage by staff
- Supporting the Tender and Contracts Administrator as required
- Covering for other team members as required
- Maintaining regular contact with the finance department in order to follow-up any payment queries
Temporary Buying Administrator Experience
It is essential the successful candidate can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Computer literate, particularly in Excel & Word
- Ability to work as an integral part of a small team
- Ability to negotiate optimum conditions with suppliers
- Willingness to undertake Procurement training as required
It is also desirable if you have:
- Experience using an electronic procurement system
- Experience working as a Buyer in a dynamic environment
- Purchasing in an organisation subject to European Procurement Regulations
- Experience of technical/scientific sector
Temporary Buying Administrator Rewards
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, the Temporary Buying Administrator will receive the following benefits:
- Holiday pay
- Valuable experience in a highly regarded organisation.
- On-site Parking
Our client is based near Didcot (OX11) there is parking available onsite.
The position of Temporary Buying Administrator is integral within this technical organisation. They work within a professional and forward-thinking field and thus you will be surrounded by likeminded intelligent individuals!
Allen Associates is a leading recruitment company with offices in Oxfordshire and West London, recruiting for Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and PA/Administrative roles. Allen Associates operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on current vacancies please visit www.allen-associates.co.uk and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.