HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER (RETAIL) Salary:
£38,000 - £42,000 + benefitsContract length:
Stratford with high-flex or home-based anywhere in the UKClosing date:
Tuesday 25th January 2022, 23:55** Please note that we may close this role earlier than anticipated, therefore early application is encouraged to avoid disappointment. Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with strong health and safety experience that can help us beat cancer? Why we need you
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Health & Safety Manager (Retail). We need you to support our retail business acting as an expert advisor on all health, safety and fire related matters.What will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by...
What skills are you looking for?
- Providing expert guidance, assistance and training in the implementation of relevant H&S legislation to our retail staff and volunteers to enable them to implement safe working practices
- Taking responsibility for developing, maintaining and monitoring the Health and Safety (H&S) Management System across the retail business, which includes shops, warehousing and online, ensuring it remains appropriate and effective.
- Developing safe operational procedures and being proactive and innovative to develop processes which drive continuous improvement in H&S performance
- Investigating accidents, incidents and developing trends and working collaboratively with field and operational teams to implement solutions
- Ensuring retail premises comply with CRUK's H&S policies and procedures, and with all UK legislation and good practice.
You'll be able to bring to the role...
What will I gain?
- Proven experience of working within a retail or multi-site organization, with excellent knowledge of health and safety particularly in relation to property management, fire and construction
- NEBOSH Diploma level qualification or equivalent. NEBOSH Fire certificate would be an advantage as would environmental health experience
- A dynamic and pragmatic approach to safety, with the ability to prioritise and deliver multiple tasks, using excellent interpersonal and communication skills to influence and engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across a large geographical area
- Experience of working with regulatory authorities and strong knowledge of statutory compliance, legislation and established working practices in relation to retail including online sales, warehousing and store expansion
- You'll need to be driven, self-motivated and innovative with an ability to find creative solutions to problems and a willingness to challenge conventional health and safety thinking.
We have over 1700 members of staff working across our network of 600 shops, with the united goal to see 3 in 4 people surviving their cancer by 2034. With more shops opening this coming year, it's a great time to join us. As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street, last year bringing in £26.4 million.
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, discounted gym membership and much more. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.