MMP Consultancy are working with a public-sector organisation to recruit a Procurement Manager on an permanent contract.
You will be responsible for supporting the Director of Procurement in the ongoing development of a strategic and professional procurement team that acts as a centre of commercial expertise for the business. We are seeking a Procurement Manager who can develop and maintain a structured supplier portfolio, ensuring credentials are accurate and in date.
* Procurement of goods and services in an effective and economical way to support continuous business process improvement and to achieve value for money for the business.
* Provide advice, guidance and support throughout the business to ensure procurement processes are compliant, effective and provide best possible value.
* Instigate and evolve a Digital and Transformation Category Strategy, gaining buy in and input from key stakeholders.
* Ensure procurement occurs in accordance with statutory regulations and best practice guidance.
* Deliver effective procurement to comply with framework and bespoke procurement methods.
* Responsible for managing the procurement and tendering of a range of goods and services through implementation of innovative procurement strategies.
* Initiate and maintain relationships with critical suppliers to remain abreast of new products and innovation to give the business a competitive advantage.
* Support the business to apply total cost of ownership principles in all procurements and throughout the existing supply chain, which is reflected in the business case life cycle process
* Form strategic partnerships with key suppliers, sharing supplier/business technology roadmaps to maximise contractual performance
* Support the delivery of measurable cost savings and efficiencies on third party IT related expenditure including both business as usual and key transformational projects.
* Build strong and effective relationships with the Digital Transformation Director, IT Operations Director and the Chief Information Officer to deliver a pipeline of projects in support of the business wide Change and Transformation Programme.
* Public sector/not for profit/charitable IT procurement background and be able to demonstrate a substantial working history in this area
* Degree educated and MCIPS (or working towards) - also essential, an active CIPS membership is required
* We will be happy to consider private sector with the right IT Procurement experience & qualifications - please note the higher end of the salary scale will only be considered for strong public sector experienced candidates.
* Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on a range of successful over threshold 'OJEU' procurements utilising a range of procedures i.e. open, restricted, competitive dialogue, etc
* A good practical knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
* Extensive experience of delivering cost savings and efficiencies through procurement and supply chain activity.
* Proven ability to identify cost saving opportunities through well-developed spend analysis and category management skills.
* Well-developed relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
* Understanding of supply chain logistics.
* Experience of sustainable procurement and aware of the relevant laws surrounding social value and the localism agenda.
* Procurement experience within the housing sector would be desirable