Our client is a hugely successful acquisitive business who seek to hire a Systems Accountant. They have just implemented Dynamics 365 and are looking for somebody who can support them in enhancing and making it as useful and effective for the business as possible. They have had outside consultants on board implementing and the main consultant will be staying with them until June of next year to make sure the new incumbent gets proper training and a detailed handover. They will also continue to have 3rd party support function so this role wont be handling IT issues/ tickets etc with the system its more about enhancing the output and working with the business to understand how it can be best utilised and what is needed. They are also a very acquisitive business so this role will also migrate the new acquisitions onto D365. They are open to having someone who doesn't have lots of systems experience who would be keen to learn and develop in this area, so not necessarily looking for a systems guru or D365 guru. They are a progressive operation and this role will give the right person visibility across the whole business and wider finance community.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of a finance function and a keen interest in improving the way a finance function works and its ability to serve the business as a collaborative business partner.
- This role will play an important part in the successful running of the recently implemented D365 Finance & Operations accounting system. You will manage and maintain the D365 finance systems and lead the implementation of Phase 2 of the system development alongside the existing implementation team.
- This role will work together with the finance team to define and scope system enhancements such as budgeting/forecasting, reviewing the suitability of implementing add-ons to the current system e.g. a full PO system; as well as working through our snag resolution. Once identified you will work together with the project team and the Financial Controller to formulate and cost a plan which, once signed off, you will drive the implementation of.
- A key task within this role will be driving the migration of any new acquisitions from their existing finance systems onto the companies accounting system. Alongside this you will provide training to acquisition staff prior to their migration to D365 Finance to ensure they are competent with system processes and controls
- Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the systems infrastructure, by proactively engaging with the team and the business to identify new system and process improvement. This will be done in collaboration with our outsourced IT support provider to ensure that any software updates are adequately tested prior to them being rolled out in live.
- Updating roles and responsibilities within the system as team members roles change and new employees start.
- Reviewing system automated workflows and batch processes to identify and resolve issues
- Maintaining the Account Structures and Accounting Calendars and create new nominal accounts / cost centres / divisions / reporting periods as required
- Responsibility for Year End routines and managing period close
- Liaising directly with auditors to extract data and supporting information to answer audit questions.
- Co-ordinating and managing any change requests from the business to include sign of from senior finance, UAT testing and where appropriate providing training and support for new function on go live.
A salary £55,000-£60,000 is on offer plus benefits