Desktop Support Engineer- Armagh - £9.50 per hour - 1 year contract
REED Technology Belfast are delighted to be partnering a local IT Support organisation, providing Temporary Support Engineers for a project based in various locations throughout Northern Ireland. This role is based in Armagh
Working as part a small team responsible for deploying IT equipment and then supporting this equipment to a large public sector client in NI, this role will be a Lead Engineer to ensure Desktop deployments are carried out in line with clearly defined instructions and requirements.
• Deploy desktop and laptop on various sites across NI
• Will include the decommissioning and install of new desktops and carrying out equipment audits
• Follow clearly defined installation guidelines and end user familiarisation on new equipment
• Apply defined Asset Management process and procedures
• Ability to resolve ad-hoc installation issues or escalate to the team lead
• Work closely with the customers IT department ensuring handover of issues and customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the project
• Flexibility and the ability to travel between geographically dispersed sites to meet scheduled appointments
• Some experience in computer hardware and various windows operating systems
• Some experience in a customer facing role preferably gained on a customer site
• Able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team & follow processes and documentation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in troubleshooting issues as they arise and working to an appropriate resolution.
• Full clean driving licence and access to suitable vehicle
• Windows 7/10 experience in a support environment
• Experience in working on large project rollouts
• Knowledge or experience of networks in a computer environment
Relevant security clearance, AccessNI will be required for the successful candidates.