NHS Arden & GEM
Job Title - Field Support Engineer
Start date - asap
Temp hourly rate - £11.76/hr, £13.12/hr after 12 weeks
Duration - end of March 2022
Role Type: Full Time working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Brook Street are recruiting for an experienced Field Engineer to work within the NHS.
You will be providing IT support within the NHS. One will be visiting sites around the county - GP practices, hospitals etc assisting with laptops, PCs and MFD devices. This role is predominantly field based, so you will be out travelling to and supporting various locations around the local area.
Typical tasks but not limited to:
- Good customer service
- Supporting deskside
- Installing new/replacing IT equipment
- Prioritising IT issues
- Providing basic IT training once new equipment is installed
You will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to work on your own and follow set processes
- Ask questions when unsure
- Able to work to deadlines so that KPIs can be met
- A current driver's licence with access to own transport
- Able to navigate travelling around Derbyshire
- Physically able to move monitors, printers etc
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Working in an organised manner, using own knowledge and expertise to deliver on time and to standard.
Typical qualifications and/or experience:
- Windows (install and configure)
- Anti-virus software/McAfee (install and configure)
- degree in relevant IT subject or equivalent experience
- previous Field Engineer experience
- foundation certificate in ITIL Service Management
- technical qualification such as MCSE, MCP or A+ Certification
Full driving licence, as you will be required to visit various sites. Potentially may have use of a small van but ideally you will own your own vehicle.
The role is for 5 months, Monday to Friday, either 8.00am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm or 9.30am to 5.30pm, 37.5hrs per week at £11.76/hr, rising to £13.12/hr.
Expenses will be paid for mileage when moving from site to site.
The role is initially office based out of Derby but will require travelling all around the County to assist users.
If this sounds the ideal role for you and would like to apply, then please send your CV in word format to the PSR Team at Nottingham.
You will be subject to a Standard DBS check and 3 years full referencing. You will also require photographic ID ie current passport. If using a current drivers licence photocard, you will need to provide your original long birth certificate and proof of NI.