We are recruiting for a Java Developer on long term contract to work for a leading Defence & Space organisation based Remote.
This is working for on a secure project, therefore BPSS required initially with the move to SC Clearance in the near future.
The department develops and supports a number of key software products used during the manufacture of satellite payloads based out of the company's site in Portsmouth.
Experience of modern development methodologies is paramount, with fluency in Maven, CI (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
The complex and critical products are a mix of architectures and languages satisfying various customer (internal and external) needs.
As well as maintaining and developing current software products, a number of Legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
The successful candidate must show experience and previous knowledge in designing software architectures utilising Java EE/Spring technologies across windows/Linux application archetypes as well as with Relational/NoSQL database server, setup, performance tuning, replication etc.
A full-stack developer who can interpret written & verbal business requirements/technical specifications to design, develop, test (Unit & Regression), and deliver developments to agreed timescales, the resultant software being architecturally sound and scalable.
Role within Department:
The implementation and development of current software applications and process for current and future software platforms used within the design/testing a satellite payload during manufacture.
Writing, debugging and validation of software components migrating to future software architectures and databases, but there may be required some support of the current software builds.
Working closely with the software testers to resolve defects as well as contributing to the code coverage of products by generating unit tests.
Providing software support to live projects using the products.
Agile SCRUM and full SDLC experience with JIRA.
* Application and Service software architect background in Java.
* Experience with both Windows and Linux platforms.
* Micro-Services & scalable, distributed software systems.
* Enterprise Design Patterns
* Relational & Non-Relational Databases
* Software Modelling (UML)
* XML & JSON Message-based Parsing
* System Administration of Linux & Windows machines
* Basic Understanding of Networks (LAN)
* Demonstrable experience of developing Client Server or distributed software solutions in Java.
* Good working knowledge of software architecture and design.
* Good understanding of database solutions.
* Experienced in message-based parsing (JSON & XML).
* Java 8 onwards & JavaEE (5+ years' experience)
* Spring Framework (3+ years' experience)
* Importance of TDD & BDD.
* Scalable, distributed systems experience.
* Relational & Non-Relational Database Models
* Documentation skills (UML)
* Connectivity and protocol stack experience (TCP/UDP)
* Unit & integration testing (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
* Agile (Scrum/Kanban: JIRA/Confluence/Crucible & FishEye)
* Understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven/Nexus).