Global Strategic Buyer - 37608Rate: up to £38.04/hr Ltd (c. £29.29/hr PAYE option)Division: Special Vehicle OperationsContract Position based at: Fen End and GaydonPosition Description:
- Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for managing the external supply chain from company suppliers.
- You will support the Global Commodity Leaders and Global Strategic Buyers in the development and execution of commodity strategies and the global sourcing activity through the Global Sourcing Process (GSP).
- Responsible for all post sourcing and contract management activities for designated commodities and suppliers within your region.
- You will develop and execute key performance indicators across the designated regional suppliers, engaging with stakeholders and specialists within the Purchasing Function as required, ensuring supplier performance to meet QCDMT requirements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strategy & Sourcing
- Cost Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Contribute where appropriate to process improvement and ensuring the adoption and sharing of best practice in Regional Purchasing Teams e.g. leading programmes of cost reduction
- Manage Supplier and Supply Chain Risk
- Driving system compliance throughout the supply chain by maintaining the purchasing systems to ensure data integrity and therefore system performance
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Ability to deliver complex supply chain solutions in a fast paced, high pressured manufacturing environment
- Implementing and delivering purchasing strategies, focusing on total value chain delivery
- Identify opportunities for creating value in commodities
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
- Maintaining compliance with standard policies and procedures
- A results-driven individual with the ability to work independently, demonstrating tenacity, drive and capability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment
- Capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- An individual with a proven track record in delivering results in both favourable and unfavourable conditions
- The ability to challenge in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.